Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Wonderful Husband

So last night I had had it. I have been on vacation all week and had high hopes of cleaning out and reorganizing my home. I also wanted to relax. I decided to take yesterday off from cleaning and just relax. I picked the Rebekah up early from the Y and we went to the school to find the name of their teachers, got Rebekah's supply list and went shopping. We had a nice lunch and then came home. Slowly and steadily the kids managed to ruin my house. Any progress I had made over the last 5 days they managed to undo and then add more mess on top of things. On the way out the door to yet another cheer/gymanstics class I found a place where Delilah had poured concentrated kool-aid on my carpet and covered it with a blanket and let it dry. I lost it. I walked out the door to go to class and then came home and just blew my gasket. I didn't allow the girls to go to bed until there rooms were perfectly clean and ranted and raved until they were finished. Now to get to my amazing husband. I had finally put all the kids to bed and I said in passing that I wanted chocolate pie. He immediately left and went to Cocos, who was out of pie, and sweet talked the manager into making me a chocolate cream pie. He brought it home and it was still soft because it hadn't been refrigerated but it was so good. If that is not enough he sneakily called in sick last night to work for today, went out and rented a carpet cleaner and helped me clean the house and shampooed the carpets. No the kool-aid did not come out but I am a happy mommy with a wonderful husband and a really clean house, just don't look in my room:) Honey I love you!

3 comments:

Cathy Storms said...

What a great story...You do have a wonderful husband. Now, does he want to come over and clean my house?

You mentioned Bekah's school stuff, how about Lilah? Did you find out who her teacher is and what she needs for school?

Audra said...

Yes but she doesn't need anything.

Jason&Linze said...

awww so sweet!!!! Cleaning house is an endless battle, uggg! It is such a great feeling to know your husband appreciates what you do, what a great guy you have!