Last night was the first night away from the kids that Chet and I have had for a long time. It seems like most times we get a sitter it is because we have to go somewhere and I just needed a break from my three little monkeys. Chet's parents agreed to watch the kiddos from 5-8 pm last night, not a lot of time to really do much. We decided to order in Applebees and rent a movie. We had the best time. We got to eat a big yummy dinner in the quiet, while we watched Vantage Point without having to pause it to get the kids something. When that was over we still had an hour left so Chet decided he wanted to go to Lowes. So we went and wandered around getting some great ideas for our house. Not a very exciting date but something I would picture a grown-up doing. I will admit it is still strange to me to be home by 9 on a Saturday night. Anywhoo I thought I would share that.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a really great nite. I bet the kids enjoyed it also.
Getting away from the kids and doing anything, qualifies as date night! LOL Been there! Glad you got to have a little "getaway".
Post a Comment