Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Behavior and Chores

We have been having a lot of problem with the girls behavior lately. So I decided to type up a contract for the girls to read and sign stating that they will try to be a good family member. I also implemented a behavior and chore chart. The chores are simple and they don't get anything for doing them, it is their job in our family to help out. There are also behaviors that they must follow and if they do not follow them then they get a red square for the day. If they get two red squares in a week for a behavior then they don't get to come to family movie night. We implemented this last week and it has made a huge improvement. I have not had a fight with Rebekah all week and Delilah got a red square for a chore today and she fell apart because she already had a red square for a behavior and she knew that 2 means no movie. I had to explain the difference so I guess we are really getting throught o them and the great thing is we don't have to raise our voices at all. I love it.

2 comments:

Cathy Storms said...

It sounds like your idea is working. I hope they don't ever miss movie night because they will fall apart...
Although it will probably one take once right?

Anonymous said...

We implemented the same thing a few years ago and it worked wonders. It really takes very little to get them back on track. Glad to hear it is working for you and I hope they don't miss too many movie nights. Good job mom!