Monday, April 6, 2009

My little weekend project

So for the last 2 1/2 years I have wanted to paint my bedroom. My goal in our house is to not have any white walls left. I have painted just about every other major room and the kids bedrooms. I could never decide on what colors to paint my room because I had never found a comforter that I could live with. For Valentines day Chet took me shopping and I found a room in a bag at Macys that was $500. It was on clearance so Chet bought it for me. He ended up spending only like $170. Great deal I know. Then came the problem of picking the colors. Our house is really open and Chet likes everything to match. From his spot on the bed he can see the living room, dining room, and kitchen. All three of these rooms are different colors. I finally picked colors and we had a free weekend, kind of amazing, and got to painting. It only took us the one day and we absolutely love it. Here is a picture of the finished product. We are both so happy and have been spending tons of time just relaxing in our new haven.


3 comments:

Cathy Storms said...

Your room really does look beautiful..

Bonnie said...

that has been my problem for ages too. . . I cant find a bed set that I love!! Looks great, glad you finally found your haven!!

Lewko Family Blog said...

What a beautiful bed set! How fun to get your room done!