Saturday, December 13, 2008

My baby girl is 8. Where does the time even go?

It is hard to believe that 8 years ago today I was impatiently awaiting the arrival of my very special little girl Rebekah Lynn. She was born on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 weighing 6 lbs. 15 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. She was a perfect baby that slept through the night and was just so easy going. I was spoiled.

Flash forward 8 years and I have a hard headed little diva who constantly keeps me on my toes and tries my patience every minute of everyday. The great thing is that I would not change one thing about her. So in her honor here are 8 reasons why I love my little 8 year old Diva.
1.) Rebekah is so caring. 99% of the time she is helping her younger siblings without being asked. When we are out she will ask us if people she sees upset are ok and if we should do anything for them.
2) She loves the Lord. She is constantly begging to go to Church since we are horrible and choose to sleep in on Sundays. She understands the true meaning of the holidays and is so strong in her faith.
3.) She is creative. She is constantly drawing, coloring, cutting, gluing some new creation for us. When she is not doing that she is writing stories or songs.
4.) She is athletic. She loves to work out and eat healthier then most kids. She runs a mile everyday before school and works out for cheer 4 days a week. I hope that carries over to adulthood.
5.) She loves to learn. She is constantly reading or asking questions. She absolutely loves school and science. We can take her anywhere and she will ask about the history of the place and she remembers everything she learns.
6.) She is a fun person to hang out with. I love taking her with me shopping when it is just the two of us. We crank up the stereo and sing. We laugh, we tell stories. It is just a great time. That is the one thing I love about her being older, she makes a great friend.
7.) She is funny and loves to laugh. She is funny without even trying. If she tries then she is not so funny. She tells funny jokes and she is just fun to be around. She is easy to get along with.
8.) I love the fact that she is hard headed and will never give in to anyone. She is strong and does not waiver.
This is for you my favorite first born daughter, I LOVE YOU NOW AND FOREVER:)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

so cute. . . Happy Birthday Bekah! They are growing too quickly! Did you spend your weekend in Las Vegas?

Audra said...

No we go to Vegas in February. This weekend she had a competition in Anaheim and an Exhibition at San Marcos High School. It was a long crazy cheer filled weekend. But it was so much fun.

Lewko Family Blog said...

Such a cute post. Happy late birthday Bekah, And hi to mama. Miss you Audra.

Cathy Storms said...

Yeah I wonder where the time went also. She is such a special little girl or should I say young lady. All of your kids are very special