For the Fourth of July, my mom, my three kids, and I flew to Nashville to hang out with Chris Sligh who was on season 6 of American Idol. He has signed with a Christian Label and his new CD is doing amazing. Long story short, my mom is a huge fan and has been blogging on his website for over a year. Despite being made fun of by all of us she joined the picnic planning committee to plan a fan club picnic in honor of Chris Sligh. Recently one of the girls who they have become friends with on the blog, not in person, passed away from leukemia. She was an amazing Christian and truly and inspiration to all who face hard times in their lives. They decided to raise money at the picnic for St. Judes in her honor. So I agreed to travel all the way across the country to meet these "fro patro" bloggers. There were people from 10 different states in attendance. I was very skeptical but pleasantly surprised. I met some of the nicest people who I will consider friends for many years to come. It was amazing how one Christian artist could attract so many wonderful fans. Chris Sligh is an amazing person. He really takes the time to get to know his fans. He remembered my girls by name from the time we met him at the American Idol tour. He even took the time to come off of the stage while trying to clean up to scoop up Delilah and give her a huge hug because she wanted to say good-bye. Chris also tries to give back, in addition to raising $1225 for St. Judes (which doesn't seem like a lot but there was only about 50 people there and the goal was $1000) he was able to get quite a few children adopted through Compassion. I hope other artists take the time to see what an amazing person Chris is and follow suit. I know the world could really use more good role models. Oh yeah, and he loves his wife, whole heartedly and you can't get better then a good Christian man who truly loves his wife.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Chris Sligh
Posted by Audra at 10:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Very nice Audra. Thank you for seeing in Chris what I have known for a very long time. He is amazing.
I also want to thank you for going with me to Nashville. I knew it would be so much fun. I'm glad you and the kids got to know some of the most amazing people I have ever met. (Even though it was the first time I ever met most of them, lol..) Wait till next year...
Im so glad I got to meet you and your beautiful kids in Nashville! :) You guys are great!
Indeed, it was an amazing weekend, and I am so glad that you and Rebekah, Delilah, and Ephraim joined in the little adventure! I'm still catching flack from my friends here at homeas well, but no worries, it's all good, and I'll just have to convince some more to come next year to get that trophy two years in a row! (oh yes, I've thrown down the gauntlet!) LOL OK, got to do laundry and get ready to hit the road tomorrow EARLY! Hope Rebekah got the email Madeline sent. Risa
Dude, you have a blog and didn't tell me, what's up with that?
Anyway, I'm glad you came with your Mom, even if it was to "protect" her from the crazies she met on Chris's blog.
Funny how things work out isn't it?
Your sista from anotha,
DJ
Dude doesn't everybody have a blog.
Apparently everyone but me.
How neat!
Post a Comment