Sunday, February 1, 2009

Great Product

At Costco yesterday we found these tortillas called Flat Out. They come in a three pack that each have 6 of these thick whole wheat tortillas. It said on the wrapper that they make great pizzas so we thought we would try it. We put on some marinera sauce (we tried to find the one with the least amount of sugar in it) and then we put on some low fat mozzerella cheese. The kids put on pepperoni and pineapple on theirs. Chet and I put some fresh sliced tomato and fresh basil, mushrooms and just a few olives. We baked them on a pizza stone at 375 for about 8 minutes. They turned out so good, the kids cleaned their plates. The great thing was that the tortilla only had 100 calories for an entire thing so you could eat the whole thing be really full and not feel guilty. Even better the kids ate a helathier version of one of their favorites and they thought it was as good as ordering dominos but they had more fun making it. Just thought I pass this one to all of you:)

2 comments:

Jason&Linze said...

yum, I'm going to look for those next time I am there :)

Lewko Family Blog said...

I was just at Costco on Saturday, in the tortilla section. I'll have to get them next time. I'm going there about once a week now since the milk and eggs are such a killer deal!